Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hit rock bottom, before you reach the top.

If you took the past few days I've had over spring break, and compared them to Easter weekend, you'd see maybe a complete 180 in so many different ways. You know that saying, "it has to get worse, before it gets better" ? I definitely believe in that whole-heartedly as of right now. Confused ? Let me break it down.

Easter weekend; family, food, weekend, blahblahblah. Sounds fun enough, right ? Wrong. Most exhausting weekend of my life. To put it short, I had hit rock bottom, in more ways than one. Now, I'm not really the type of person to get depressed, but I had reached that point, and didn't know how to drag myself out of the holes I had just dug myself into. I just knew that things needed to change for me to be happy, healthy, and myself again.

Spring break; it's been perfect (well, except for the lacking in one major factor, of course). I pigged out and watched zombie movies with my best friend of 7 years. I had a picnic in the park with my lovely Emily and her beau Erik. I spent time with my future brother-in-law and mother-in-law after...how many months ? I played beer pong for the first time without Austin. Got my hair cut for the first time since October and sat in a completely unpowered house, with only candles for hours. Smoked at the beach under the pier. Skyped with the love of my life, with his best friend sleeping over. And somehow managed to ration my money and gas to last me til tonight. Spring break isn't over yet, but I'm dedicating this weekend to "me time"...I deserve it right ?

There really is, always a silver lining to every gray cloud. Sometimes we don't wanna see it, so we have to look a little harder, or maybe even get some help from a friend. But we can all find it. You just have to want it. I wanted a change. I wanted to get back to being me, being happy.

Guess what ?
I did.

School starts back up on Monday, can't wait...and no that's not sarcasm. I'm ready to get back and crack down on coming out on top this semester. I'm getting my act together, in more ways than one. And I will always have you to thank for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment