Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One of those days.

Where I just want to strangle you. For all you Marine girlfriends, fiancees, wives, significant others, whatever you may be. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. You know, how they just seem to assume we know every little bit about their days, their work schedules, and anything involving what they're doing when we're not around. Sound familiar ?

Austin returned from PTA Sunday night, and yesterday we barely talked cause he had been sick all day. This morning, well morning for him, noon for me, he texts me and asks if I can call him when he's on his lunch and I told him to just let me know when he gets off. 3 hours pass, nothing, I text him.

"Baby, are you off for lunch yet ?"
"No. I was off, but now I'm not. It's too late. I'm surprised you remembered."

And when I say, "I was waiting for you to tell me when you had lunch," he replies with, "I have lunch at 1200, like always" and just...assumes that I know this already. It's like they have this idea that when THEY are involved with the Marines, we somehow get this little microchip magically implanted into our brains that just fills us in on their day-to-day schedule and life.

Hate to break it to you boys, but you're wrong. We're not Superwoman, we're not magicians and we're not psychics. We love you and all, but Jesus Christ, cut us some slack and share the information with us so we DO know for future reference...

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment